Bookings and Cancellation Policy - The Helaina B&B
For all bookings made directly via our own website or over the phone it is free to cancel more than seven days prior to the arrival date. Cancellations inside of seven days will be charged the cost of the first night's stay. In the event of a 'no show', same-day cancellation or curtailment of stay the full cost of the stay will be chargeable. A deposit of the 1st nights stay will be taken at the time of the booking. This is fully refundable for cancellations more than 7 days prior to arrival.
Changes to Covid travel regulations Any booking which must be cancelled due to the Covid regulations (or changes thereof) is free to cancel, regardless of standard cancellation terms and any deposit or pre-payment made will be refunded in full.
Policies and House Rules for The Helaina B&B
We don't accept children under five years of age at Helaina B&B. Children under five are welcome at Helaina Apartments.
Families and couple are welcome. We don’t accept groups
We don't accept dogs or any other pets.
The number of persons staying must not exceed the stated number booked. Children must be included in the stated number of persons booked.
We are strictly non smoking throughout. It is illegal to smoke in our property. Guests who smoke will be a charged a minimum of £100 for additional cleaning plus any further costs associated removing smells and relocating the next guests. They will also asked to leave with immediate effect and charged for the full stay booked. Guests are welcome to smoke on our patio outside the property.
Guests that cause significant damage to our property will be liable for the costs of repair and any other costs associated with relocating other guests. They will be asked to leave with immediate effect and charged for the full stay booked.
Guests who cause significant disturbance to other guests will be asked to leave with immediate effect and charged in full for the stay booked.
We are also committed to recycling at Hotel Helaina. If you leave waste paper, glass, cans and plastic bottles, we collect and recycle, but only if you leave these items clean and in a separate refuse bag.
There is plenty of on-street parking outside and all around The Helaina. We don’t have a private car park. On arrival guests should as close as they can do in any area marked as Zone A2.
On check-in please purchase parking permits at reception, charged at £2.00 each. They last for two days at time and guests may purchase as many as they require.
Guests are responsible for ensuring they display valid parking permits and are liable for any parking tickets received in the event of failing to do so. However The Helaina team are happy to advise and assist with the parking requirements at any time.
At most times guests will be able to park outside or very close to The Helaina. However at peak times guests may need to park a short distance away (typically within a minute or two walk).
Spaces on the sea front tend to fill first and spaces remain for longer on the roads immediately to the side or rear of us. In the occasional event of guests still not finding a space please contact The Helaina reception and we will assist with local knowledge.
Access Statement for the Helaina B&B
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors. The following statement is a summary of our provision. Please ask if you require any additional information we are happy to help.
Main Entrance, Guest Lounge and Breakfast Room:
* The breakfast room and licensed guest lounge are located on this floor (ground floor).
* There is a guest toilet in the reception hall 65cms wide by 86cms deep.
Stairs and access to bedrooms:
* Access to all rooms is via carpeted stairs 90cms wide. There is a banister on the left hand side.
* Due to the design of the building WE DO NOT HAVE A LIFT FACILITY.
* Our rooms are located from 1st to 3rd floors with 4 rooms per floor.
* 1st floor. 17 steps to these rooms. 2nd floor 35 steps and 3rd floor 49 steps
* We can assist guests with luggage
* All bedrooms have full en-suite facilities 2.8m long by 1.10m wide
* All en-suites have a step in shower 18cms high with glass sliding shower doors. The smallest cubicles are 80cm wide and deep.
* The toilet is 46cms high and the basin 86cm high
* We have a fire alarm system. If you require more assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival and we will ensure you are evacuated safely e.g. hearing impairment.
Coronavirus Special Prevention Measures
We take the safety of our guests and staff very seriously. While we believe these measures will have a minimal impact on your stay, they are important to ensure your protection, and the protection of our other guests and staff.
Guests and our staff must comply with any Covid regulations that are in place in England at the time of their stay.
THIS IS A SUMMARY OF WHAT WE ARE DOING TO MINIMISE THE RISK OF CORONAVIRUS:
* A full Coronavirus risk assessment is in place and our team of staff has been briefed in detail on it.
* Detailed cleaning schedule for all surfaces including upholstery to be cleaned with disinfectant (Safe Zone Plus – a broad-spectrum cleaner that kills viruses). With special emphasis on areas of high contact areas.
* Individual guest accommodation is deep cleaned and disinfected after occupancy.
* Simple and clear procedures in place for check-in and serving breakfast and other staff/guest contact points (B&B bookings only)
* Breakfast is now table service only with guests booking a time. Each table used at breakfast and in the bar/lounge is disinfected after use.
* All our breakfast and bar/lounge tables are near to, or more than 2 metres apart.
THIS IS WHAT WE ASK OUR GUESTS TO DO:
* Gel is provided for your hands. Please use it whenever you re-enter the building.
* Please give other guests space
* Do not pass on the stairs. Look and listen for other guests and use alcoves or the spaces downstairs to allow your fellow guests to pass.
Breakfast (B&B only)
* Please book a breakfast time slot on arrival. If you miss your booked time you will be served, but you may be asked to wait for the next available slot. You can change your time slot during your stay.
* Please wait to be seated.
* Please give other guests space
* We ask that you use the hand gels provided whenever using the breakfast and bar areas.
* If you feel unwell during your stay, please tell us. If you contract with Coronavirus after leaving The Helaina, please let us know.
* Please show respect and understanding to other guests. Anxiety and risk levels will vary among guests.
We are working hard and in new ways to keep you safe. We hope we get it right and they have a minimal impact on your stay, but we welcome your feedback on how to improve.
Use the contact page on this site or talk to us while you are staying.
Thank you for your understanding. We hope you have a great stay!
Updated and effective February 2022.
The Helaina B&B VAT registration number 894 9508 59.
Proprietors: Jill and Tom Wilson